Spirit, God, gathers unformed thoughts into their proper channels, and unfolds these thoughts, even as He opens the petals of a holy purpose in order that the purpose may appear.

Science and Health with Key to the Scriptures, by Mary Baker Eddy
506:18-21

Clearview Home’s History

The mission of Clearview is “to honor the wholeness of God’s perfect man by offering the tender, uplifting care of Christian Science nursing.”

clearviewhome-history-1

Grounds of Clearview – 1948

As a pioneer in small nursing homes for Christian Scientists, Clearview has continuously been in operation since 1948. Clearview is located a few blocks from downtown Delafield, a small quiet suburban community about 30 miles west of downtown Milwaukee. The original building, a stately colonial mansion, was remodeled to accommodate the nursing needs of the guests. Fourteen Christian Science nursing rooms were designed, some with fireplaces and sitting areas, plus several apartments for Christian Science nurses.

The original home was built in 1916 by Miss Mary Banks and was landscaped to include every tree and shrub indigenous to this part of the country.

Clearview Home Facility in 1948

A guest room – 1948

As the needs of Christian Scientists changed, and more rooms were required to accommodate those seeking healing through radical reliance on Christian Science, Clearview needed to expand The current building was dedicated in 1968. On the piece of property adjacent to the main building, a small home, referred to as “the cottage”, was built. The “cottage” has been rented to administrators and Christian Science nurses through the years. Beautiful mature trees, flower gardens, walking paths, and nature in every corner encompass Clearview’s five acres; the serenity and beauty that are apparent outside is reflected inside also.

Clearview’s needs may change and evolve in the future, and so will Clearview, as it is led by God’s all powerful infinite wisdom and guidance.